Add Graham Cracker crumbs to just about anything, and the end product is nothing less than divine. Such is the case with these Graham Cracker Cranberry Cookies.
This cookie boasts graham dracker crumbs, dried cranberries, and a touch of coconut. How did I come up with this concoction? I honestly have no idea. But I’m glad I did. I hope you will be too!
I love the concept of using an end-product as an ingredient in a baking recipe. For example, in my Cheesecake with Pecan Gingersnap Crust, I use pre-made, store bought ginger thins as part of the crust. Here, I subbed out some of the flour for graham cracker crumbs.
As I was considering the graham cracker flavor, I intentionally tried to stay away from chocolate only because I wanted to do something different. I decided that dried cranberries would pair well with the graham cracker crumbs. They were delish. I still wanted something a little more. In came the coconut. The trifecta of these three flavors won my palate.
These cookies are super-duper easy to make and a fun detour from more traditional flavored cookies.
How do I Make Graham Cracker Cranberry Cookies?
- Whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Be sure to mix well so all the dry ingredients are well distributed.
- Cream the butter with the sugars. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, just until combined. You want to avoid developing the gluten in the flour, so do not over-mix.
- Fold in the coconut and the dried cranberries. I much prefer to use sweetened shredded coconut. If you prefer unsweetened, go for it. The coconut also adds some nice moisture to the cookies, so I do not recommend skipping it altogether. If you are a coconut fan, you may want to add a little more than the recipe calls for.
Graham Cracker Cranberry Cookies
- 270 g. graham cracker crumbs (2¼ cups)
- 210 g. all purpose flour (1¾ cups)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 226 g. unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 cup)
- 200 g. granulated sugar (1 cup)
- 210 g. light brown sugar (1 cup)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 50 g. shredded coconut (sweetened) (½ cup)
- 195 g. dried cranberries (1½ cups)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until fully combined. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix until fully combined. (You may have to stop the mixer a few times to scrape down the sides and the paddle with a rubber spatula.)
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until combined. With a spatula, fold in the shredded coconut and the dried cranberries.
- Divde into 30 g. (1½ Tbsp.) balls, and slightly press down on them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until the edges are browned. Allow to cool on baking pan for 5-10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.